Male Sex Statistics
Couples Sex Statistics
The female population has several different views on their perceptions of what satisfies them sexually. For instance some women may need more foreplay or some women may need more oral sex, these factors are important to understand what keeps a woman sexually satisfied in their relationships. That is why these sex statistics are compiled from several sex surveys that focus on a woman’s view on sex. These statistics about sex focus on female issues such as orgasm, intercourse, sexual health and the sexual relationship. These sex statistics are only to be used to extract useful information that you may find interesting.
- Women under the age of 55 (postmenopausal) who are currently involved in a sexual relationship
80 percent consider sex to be either "very important" or "somewhat important."
20 percent consider sex to be either "not very important" or "not important at all."
(Harris Interactive Sexual Statistics)
- 43% of women report “some kind of sexual problem” – such as inability to achieve orgasm, boredom with sex, or total lack of interest in sex. (Redbook Sex Survey)
- 52% of women regularly fake orgasms. (Redbook Survey)
- Only 17% of women are likely to have an orgasm during sexual intercourse (the clitoris often does not receive sufficient stimulation from intercourse alone) (Redbook Sex Survey)
- Approximately 10 percent of all women who are sexually active have never had an orgasm, either through masturbation or with a partner. – (Sex for One
by Betty Dodson, Ph.D.)
- 70% percent approximately of all women who are sexually active are unable to achieve orgasm through simple intercourse (in which only penile thrusting takes place). (Sex for One by Betty Dodson, Ph.D.)
33 percent complained of low sexual desire,
24 percent reported an inability to come to orgasm,
14 percent stated that they experienced pain during sex.
(Living and Loving with Low Libido by Sandra Pertot)
- 24% women reported a lack of orgasm in the past year for at least several months or more (National Social and Health Life Sex Survey)
- In fact 96% of women in a relationship who have sex once a week or more report being happy in their current relationship. (Sex Survey October 2004 by Harris interactive on behalf novo nordisk inc)
- 40% of women 45 – 65 who are in relationships said that avoiding sex has caused problems in their relationships. (Sex Survey October 2004 by Harris interactive on behalf novo nordisk inc)
- Women 40 -80 years old one in three women report sexual problems are affecting her happiness. (University of Chicago April 2006)
- Engaged in sexual activity once a month or more during the past year.
51 percent of women in their sixties,
30 percent in their seventies
18 percent in their eighties or older
(The National Council on Aging Study, "Healthy Sexuality and Vital Aging," p. 5)
- 41 percent of women are somewhat satisfied, leaving 17 percent who'd sooner watch reality TV than face the reality in their own bedroom. (Self magazine 2004)
- 58 percent of women surveyed, who say their sex life leaves them lukewarm or cold. (Self magazine 2004)
- Women's Sexual Satisfaction (Self magazine 2004)
42 percent are extremely satisfied with their sex life
41 percent are somewhat satisfied
17 percent unsatisfied
- What's Better Than Sex? (Self magazine 2004)
- 66 % -An amazing massage,
- 59 % Time to themselves
- 59 % An extra hour of sleep,
- 55 % An outing with their best friend,
- 48 % Watching a favorite TV show
- 42 % Reading a totally absorbing book
- 34 % Eating gourmet chocolate
- 32 % Shopping for the perfect pair of shoes
- 27 % Having a great workout
- Women ages 18 to 24 are the most satisfied with their sex lives. (Self magazine 2004)
- Women ages 30 to 34 are the least satisfied. (Self magazine 2004)
- 58 percent of women ages 40 to 45 (the most of any age group) say sex is very important. (Self magazine 2004)
- "a satisfying sexual relationship" is important to their quality of life.
66 percent of women 45-59 years of age
48 percent 60-74 years of age
44 percent 75 years of age and older
- postmenopausal women under the age of 55
59 percent have sex at least once a week
35 percent reported having sex less than once a week.
(Harris Interactive Sexual Survey)
- The NHSLS study reported that 46 percent of women 40-44 years of age, 35 percent 45-49 years of age, 53 percent 50-54 years of age, and 50 percent 55-59 years of age felt guilty after masturbation. (National Health and Social Life Sex Survey, p. 82